The new orbital TIG weld head from Orbitalum for manufacturing pipe-to-pipe-sheet connections guarantees extremely short production times of industrial heat exchanges at constantly high reproducible qual i ty. Also excel lently suitable for repair,
maintenance and servicing work.
Welding heat exchanger tubes particular effectively and easily: With our new TX 38P for automated TIG orbital welding you can now accurately and precisely weld tube sheets with heat exchanger tubes, such as thousands of welded joints on cooling tubes. In connection with an ORBITALUM orbital welding power supply, the user is being offered an extremely innovative and economical welding system: All ORBITALUM orbital welding power sources automatically detect the head and its properties so that the operator only has to call up his or her specified joining program and start the joining process before beginning to weld.
To increase productivity, the operator can work with the optionally available switching unit ORBITWIN with up to two weld heads on one machine in an alternating fashion, which reduces welding times and downtimes considerably.
THE ADVANTAGES AT A GLANCE:
• Lightweight, hand-held TIG orbital weld head designed for welding of tubes to tube-sheets
• Precise working in any position to achieve high-quality results on horizontal or vertical tube sheets
• Applicable for flush tubes, slightly recessed tubes and protruding tubes
• Compatible with AMI clamping mandrels, model 96
• Service friendly design of the clamping and drive system within the housing
• Self-supporting weld head at the tube sheet via stabile clamping mandrels (eyelet for spring balancer available)
• Limit switch for the electrode position; thus, the start position is freely selectable
• Integrated rapid adustment of the electrode position to the tube diameter
• Constant or pulsating rotor movement possible (CONT-STEP-Mode)
• Sturdy, speed-regulated 24-volt driving motor with a reduction gear
• Liquid-cooled slide contact for transmission of welding current prevents rotary transmission and leakages
• Including highly flexible hose package (length: 7.5 m/24.6 ft) with strain relief to the power source – optionally extendable to up to 20.0 m (64 ft)